background

Sunday, August 31, 2008

It's raining it's pouring....

So, can anyone guess how wet you get when it's pouring buckets and buckets of rain and you're cooking dinner and look out the wndow and see...

your sons very expensive motorized Harley Davidson kids bike sitting out by the lamp post on the sidewalk?

I ran out the door and to the sidewalk long enough to grab it and run back under the carport. It was raining so hard that in those 10 seconds I got completely soaked head to toe, through my clothes, all the way to my unmentionbles. Sheesh... And when I yelled at B for leaving it out there when I told him just 15 minutes ago to make sure everything was put away before he came in, he looked at me with this blank stare on his face like, why the hell is she yellin at me?

I figured since it was storming and gloomy outside I'd make chili and cornbread for dinner with triple chocolate brownies for dessert. Something that takes 2-3 hours to make and will be eaten by my family in 5 minutes. It's a good thing I love them right?

I'm catching up on this past seasons episodes of Tori and Deans reality show on Oxygen I have recorded on my DVR. It's the episode of Liams 1st bday party. It's so funny to watch some of these reality shows. A lot of these people seem so down to earth, and most of them try to bill themselves that way (even Presidential candidates are doing it these days) so that they seem more "relatable" I guess, to the rest of the world. But then... they go and throw their sons 1st bday party and spend a buttload of money. I guess we all want to give our children the world right? We all wish we could do everything in the world for our kids, give them more then we had growing up, but this party looks crazy with a 3 foot cake!

The differences in Liams Bday party and my sons bday party...

Ours was held at the local park... Their's at a Malibu Mansion...

We invited Loni Anderson, Carmen Elektra, and Denise Richards but they didn't come... They did however, go to Liams party...

Liam had REAL LIVE MONKEYS on little bikes... we had kids who acted like monkeys...

Liams cake was an almost 2 feet tall monkey cake while B's was a sheet cake from Costco... (All right, I just spent an hour trying to find out how much that monkey cake from Hansen's Cakes cost them for the party and can't find the answer anywhere!!!) Anyone know?

No comments:

Spread the Love!

Can't Get Enough? How about these?

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin
Ajax CommentLuv Enabled 55a48c425f0759051b0388a4034fab6d