background

Monday, January 19, 2009

2009 Needs to Bring it's Game! Seriously...

If you follow me on twitter, you've kept up with the horrible, shitty things that 2009 has already dumped on our heads. I would really like to use a word other then shitty but guess what? That word sums it up EXACTLY!

Believe me, it's been a lot for the first 3 weeks of the new year. I think maybe the only thing that hasn't actually happened to us, besides death (knock on wood!), is a tornado picking up our house and flinging it far, far away, dropping on top of the wicked witch with the green skin and black and white striped stockings.



I really wish I could click my fabulous, sparkly red ruby slippers, chanting "There's no place like home... There's no place like home... There's no place like home." I would marry a flying monkey if I could do that, and start 2009 all over again without any of the drama that it's already brought.


I was given a wonderful day with my family on New Years day. Had a lot of fun.

Then came January 2nd.

DUN DUN DUN!

We were stopped at a stop light and the person in front of me rolled backwards into the van. Broke off a little of the big part under the fender. The person who did the damage didn't even get out to see if there was damage. Just took off!

Our roof almost caved in. The whole corner of our kitchen ceiling/roof looks like it's about to fall any second. It was so full of water that we had to poke holes in the ceiling to drain the water out before it burst and completely ruined the newly completed kitchen renovation! We found out not only is the roof bad, but because of all the damage from the water runoff that's been backing up into the ceiling and attic, our attic is full of MOLD. Green, fuzzy, furry, gold, glow in the dark hazardous mold. You know, the kind that makes you really sick? And we've been living with it for only God knows how long. Maybe that explains the horrid dark circles under my sons eyes that no 6 year old should have!

Oh, and to top it all off, since my landlords insurance won't cover the damage for whatever reason, he is trying to blame US for the damage. Something about Mr. Man not shutting the swamp cooler down correctly. Which is a load of bull. The insurance claims adjuster even told us the mold has been growing for a really long time. A lot longer then just the past few months that the swamp cooler had been off.

Never mind that we did EXACTLY as he told us to do to shut it down.

Never mind that we walked him through step by step what we did when Mr. Man turned it off.

Never mind that his old ass should have been on the roof doing it HIMSELF but we did it for him so he wouldn't have to drive all the way out to our house.

So not only has the roof gone bad, but now we're currently living through the roof being torn off and replaced in the middle of winter.

To cut this post short, since I could go on and on all night, here's the shorter version of my drama:

We are down another vehicle so now my poor sister is trying to shuttle me, Brady, her, my 2 nephews and my mom to and from work all week! All in one car!

Mr. Mans work truck was side swiped during the night. The person who did it, didn't stop. Just took off.

I, ahhh, almost cut off a nipple with my new kitchen shears. Don't ask how or what happened but I wasn't paying attention and was almost left nippleless. Dead serious!

Then I fell into a sewer hole. I swear to you. I wish I were making this up! I'll eleborate on that one another time but I'm sure it was comical to the neighbors who saw it all happen. I, though, was HUMILIATED since it hurt really bad and I cried like a girl. For a split second I thought I was going to be the next Jessica in the well, stuck for hours while fire fighters and rescue workers worked like mad to free me from the horrible hole. The news stations would be there, the nation would cry for me, and in the end, I'd have a book deal. But that didn't happen. At least I didn't break anything!

On a more serious note, I have a new nephew who was born last week with a bad heart. He was born in Colorado and all seemed well. Then the next day he crashed. Doctors found out the right side of his heart and 3 of his heart valves didn't develop during the pregnancy. It's something they should have known about with all the tests they do during pregnancy but somehow it went unnoticed.

The morning after he was born, he was life flighted to a hospital in Denver for emergency surgery. Unforunately the doctors there weren't able to get him stablized for surgery. They tried for over 24 hours. When they finally got him stablized, they realized he just wasn't strong enough for surgery. Doctors told his mom that he wouldn't live through the surgery if they tried to do it now. They put a stent in his heart that they are hoping will keep him alive until he's 3 months at which point they'll attempt surgery to rebuild the part of his heart that didn't develop right.

He's been in NICU this whole time and we got a call 2 days ago to let us know he was having a really hard time breathing. Turns out he has Rotavirus now on top of all of it.

We need all the prayers and good wishes we can get so please keep this sweet baby in mind. WSe're in Utah and their in Colorado and it's killing me we can't be there to help him and mommy through all of this. So please, please, please keep him in your thoughts and prayers. He's gonna need all he can get!

So that's it... The whole enchilada... 2009 better bring it's game soon! I had great envisions for this new year. Wonderful things were supposed to happen but they haven't started yet! Anyone know where I can get a magic lamp or a genie for some wishes???

No comments:

Spread the Love!

Can't Get Enough? How about these?

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin
Ajax CommentLuv Enabled 55a48c425f0759051b0388a4034fab6d