background

Sunday, August 3, 2008

My little pity party...

Well, it's very late and I've had all day long to stew about things in my life. It's been a rough day so if I start to ramble, bear with me. lol

For those who don't know me, I live with my boyfriend J and our son B who's almost 6 years old and due to start kindergarten this fall. J and I have been together 7 years this past July. We've had our ups and downs, although lately we seem to fight more then not. A lot about money and finances (who doesn't do that though?), about our sons appetite or lack thereof lately, or about his family. You see, his mother hated my guts when he first brought me home. But to start my story about that, I'd have to start with J's story, from before we ever met.

He married his high school sweetheart. They dated off and on for years, though high school and some college, then they got married and settled down, even bought their first house together. While he went off to work hard to provide for he and his wife, things seemed to be ok for awhile. He was big into computers and the internet when it was still fairly new to most people a few years back. Ya know, back when it was before every household had a computer and even if you did, not too many had jumped on the bandwagon? One day he showed his wife and her gf how to get online and chat with other people as a way for her to pass time. She spent more and more time "meeting" more people while she pushed him to work more and more hours to support the lifestyle she'd always had all her life. She came from a wealthy enough family that she always got what she wanted and never wanted for anything. He spent a lot of time trying to keep her happy with material things. As he worked harder and started training for a new position, and had to be gone out of town for some training, she started up with someone online. A man she started chatting with in another state. One day while he was out of town, his mother and his aunt stopped by J and his wifes house for a visit. They caught his wife with some other man in the house, while J was out of town. I think this little revalation has "colored" my relationship with his mother, even though I had nothing to do with any of it. Needless to say, an ugly divorce promptly ensued where his wife took him for everything and then some. He had a horrible lawyer, while her family got her the best money could buy, so she got everything and he got stuck with the bills.

Fast forward to a few years later where he and I started chatting online in 2000. He bugged me, begged me, irritated me for 6 or 7 months to go out with him. For some reason he rubbed me the wrong way and I always turned him down. He had some dorky glamour shot photos on his yahoo profile that made him look like Andy Gibb with the longer feathered hair in a leather jacket. It got to the point where everytime I got online, he would pop on and annoy me to go out with him. After 7 months I finally agreed to go out with him just to shut him up. I honestly thought I'd go out with him, maybe pretend to be boring or something, and then he'd stop asking me out. (Sounded like a good idea at the time lol...) I was dating a ton of guys at that time and I was just happy being single. Well, he showed up on my doorstep and it was love at first sight. We were together everyday after that first date.

No comments:

Spread the Love!

Can't Get Enough? How about these?

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin
Ajax CommentLuv Enabled 55a48c425f0759051b0388a4034fab6d